Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Proviamo, dai

 Sorella Johnson and I have a new catch phrase/life motto, I don't even know. But we've been saying the word "dai" a lot this week (pronounced "die" and means "come on" or something like that...) at the end of every word and sentence it's a blast. 10/10 would recommend. Provate, dai.

Sorella Johnson and Carley
Zone conference was definitely the most memorable by far, mainly because the Taranto church building has no heat, well I think it has heat, but no one knows how to work it! So we shivered and huddled under our coats for several hours, but seriously. I left zone conference feeling so empowered, spiritually strengthened, and ready to take on Statte! Our new emphasis is on The Restoration, bringing it up early in conversations and always referring to it. As we've put that into practice this week, we've seen so many blessings and I just love testifying right off the bat. They say your testimony grows by sharing it- they're not lying. 

I took the 'driving test' this week too! The senior couple in our zone hopped in our car and I had to drive in Italy for the first time ever......woah it's scary not going to lie! Luckily it was during pranzo so not too many cars out. Also I had to parallel park for the first time in 5 years......I won't say how that went, but I'm excited to start driving and learning my way around as soon as my international license comes in the mail!
Taranto Castle

We did some house to house this week and met a man named Tonino, he was outside his house and as we immediately started talking about the Restoration with him, he asked for a copy of The Book of Mormon! We told him we'd be back in a few days to talk about what he'd read. :)

We got to see Antonella this week, we felt like we needed to stop by one day even though we didn't call her to set up an appointment or anything. The second we walked in the door she said: "Ciao, sisters! You know, I was just sitting here thinking to myself: I wonder when they'll come see me again. Probably not today, but I wish today!" And then we knocked on her door. That was a really cool miracle! We were able to sit down and the Joseph Smith story together, straight from Joseph Smith History and the spirit was so strong as we did so. She is definitely taking things slowly, but progress!

On Friday, we fufilled Giuseppe's lifelong dream of eating pancakes and maple syrup. He and Elvira invited us to cook in their big, fancy panificio kitchen! We had a blast and we showed them the "Grazie a Lui" video which really impacted them. Afterwards, Elvira said: "You guys are so much like us (catholics) but it seems like the only difference is that you live a much fuller life". Yep, she gets it. Our only struggle right now is getting them to come to church because they work crazy long hours all week and Sunday is their only day off. 

We saw Nunzia again this week and got to talk about the Plan of Salvation! She really opened up, talking about how she wants to go to the Celestial kingdom, we explained that baptism was the first step towards that! She is holding back a little because she feels like she has to be perfect before baptism, so of course we explained that was definitely not the case. Piano, piano!

We got a new investigator this week, Carmella, a self-referral! She called us and told us how she used to meet with missionaries tanti anni fa so we asked if she'd be interested in meeting up again: yes. We are excited to see where things go with her too!

And lastly, I'd like to share a really cool experience we had yesterday, we ended up having to teach Gospel Principles, the lesson was on charity. I'll start by saying that the ward and the members here are so amazing. One of the sewing course students came to church yesterday because she's also part of the choir who sang during sacrament meeting. Her name is Cleo. And at the very end of the lesson we showed the video "Dayton's Legs" she was in tears after 5 seconds, bearing testimony after the video was over was a neat experience and the spirit was tangible. I'm so thankful I get to share the gospel and my testimony with literally everyone I see, every day :)

I know most of you probably heard, but with the passing of my grandma this week I'd like to bear my testimony that I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we will be able to see our loved ones again after this life. I know with certainty that this life isn't the end, we will have eternity with the ones we love, and for that I am extremely grateful! I know I have a new angel looking out for me from above! I love my grandma and am so thankful for the example she was to me of hard work and Christ-like love. 

Buona settimana a tutti! Love y'all!!
XOXO
Sorella Carley Neuberger













Those weren't raisins in the bread
they were olives.
Taranto District missionaries