Friday, March 30, 2018

#CiSaràSempre

Happy spring a tutti!

Gift and Sorella DeMann
Even though it's still pretty wintery in Statte haha hopefully spring is coming, we are ready for sun and warm weather!  So this week included a very exciting trip to......SASSARI! Can you believe it? I got to go back to the beautiful island of Sardegna for a few days last week, I had an appointment for my identification card. I flew into Cagliari and got to take the train up to Sassari with the one. the only. Sorella DeMann!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wow it was great to see her. Seriously I've been so blessed with some of the best comps I could ever ask for! She is so so awesome and it was great getting to spend a few days together and revisiting the city where we were companions! That's rare in this misison. 
Being back in Sassari was incredible, especially because I got to see my favorite person ever: GIFT! And guess what?!?! She's preparing to go on a mission herself! She is learning from Kiri how to read and write so that she can go on a mission. That's the best news I could've ever gotten. :) 

Also, let it be known that this week I ate the best gelato thus far on my mission. Yeah, I've become a gelato critic. At Intenso gelateria in Cagliari. (just recording this so I can remember forever). The cone was filled with warm nutella. Do I need to say more?  Oh, and while we're on the subject of food, we ate lamb at our pranzo with the Castaldo family this week. Lamb. That was a first! It was buono.

Intenso Gelateria
We had the time change this week.....we were all sitting listening to the talks during church yesterday when an older sister walks into the chapel: "BUONGIORNO! Oh woah, why did you guys start early this week?" Hahahah it took everything in me not to die laughing. I love these crazy italians. 

On Thursday morning we went to follow up with one of our investigators, Tonino. He wasn't home, but his wife, Enza, was and she invited us in to share a message! It was really sweet and we are excited to go back this week to talk with them together!!

We met with Anna this week and got talking about her baptism. Her husband is having a hard time finding work here right now and so he is leaving in 2 weeks to go work in Germany until September. But he has a break in June, so we moved her baptism to June 23rd because it is really important to her (and us) that he's there for it! We'll continue working with her but that's the update! It was really cool when we met with her last night, she pulled out this wedding invite (she pulls it out like once a week) from an Anziano that served here in like 2012 that she loved. We got the idea to look him up on facebook and then we sent him a message from Anna's account! She called us this morning to tell us that they had an hour-long video chat last night and he still speaks italian perfectly. Technology helping us out in the work! Little miracles. 

And now for the big miracles! aka Giuseppe.  Dino came in to the panificio this week and asked Giuseppe "I think I want to quit smoking, can you help me?" yesssssss. Giuseppe couldn't come to ch urch yesterday because he had something with work, but his son Enrico came! The ward just fellowships like crazy no matter who comes, they are incredible. Also, per my dad's advice, we had the bishop invite Giuseppe to start briging the bread for sacrament meeting! He was so excited to tell us that he's going to be bringing the bread for the sacrament on Sundays, it was really special. 
We had a great lesson with Giuseppe and Elvira last night, Fratello D'apuzzo and his wife (from the Taranto ward) came too! We talked a little bit about the plan of salvation, had Brother and Sister D'apuzzo share their conversion stories, and then we bore our testimonies. The spirit in that room was so powerful. Sorella Geertsen and I started crying, Giuseppe too. Then Fratello D'apuzzo said "The reason they're crying is because when they were in the premortal life, they knew you. They knew they would come here on the earth to find you. And here we are". Whew it took everything I had not to bawl my eyes out but I LOVE this family and I love this work. It is so good and so beautiful to watch conversion and see the gospel work miracles in peoples lives. 

OH and Frederica!!!! We stopped by the panificio one night this week and we met her! 17 years old, she was an exchange student in Michigan for 5 months and speaks perfect english and wow we just all clicked and are best friends. The best part? She asked about our beliefs and was really curious because she's Christian but knows the catholic church isn't super correct. So we were more than happy to introduce the Book of Mormon, give her a copy, and exchange phone numbers!! 

Other than that, our week was full of casa in casa sharing the new easter video, #CiSaraSempre or in english I think it's called Always There. I love this Easter season and getting to share the message with everyone that He lives! Our Savior died for us but He lives and because He lives we are here today :) 
The Sorellas from the Taranto Zone
We read 1 Nephi 17 with Giuseppe this week and there was a verse that really stood out to me, verse 13: "I will be your light in the wilderness, and I will prepare the way before you". Jesus Christ is our light in the wilderness! He is the light of my life and the light of each of our lives. I know that He truly has prepared the way for each of us to return to live with Him, our Father and our families forever. 

Love yall!
Ciao ciao ciao ciao ciaooo.
XOXO
Rome Temple grounds (Includes  Temple, Visitors Center, Stake Center
and living quarters/hotel like place for those traveling to the temple)



Taranto Zone