Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving

This week was my 3rd consecutive Thanksgiving in Italy, and I couldn't ask for anything better. Although it definitely didn't feel like Thanksgiving, I was still able to reflect and count my blessings. Before I get into all of that, here's a quick rundown of our week!

with Sorella Stutz
Sorella Liddiard was really sick pretty much the whole week, so that definitely limited our capabilities. Let's just say our area book has never looked so good! We had a lesson scheduled that we forgot to cancel so Sorella Stutz and I went to that, perks of being in 4! It was with Antonella, the girl we met on the street and gave her a copy of The Book of Mormon! We got to explain to her the importance of the Restoration and the impact it's had on our lives! She is going to Venice for a little but hopefully when she gets back we will be able to meet again and explain more! 

We went to visit Luisa and her kids! It was a super short visit due to train times, but they are doing great! Couldn't come to church on Sunday but they are reading The Book of Mormon every day as a family! Baby steps! 

Daniela didn't show up to our appointment this week and doesn't want to do her baptismal interview which is so heartbreaking! Please pray for her. We aren't really sure what to do but we are hoping to help her realize the blessings she can recieve by living the gospel of Jesus Christ! 
SO because she didn't show up, we made brownies later that day and took them to her house. Nancy was home and we got to talk to her and then she wanted to drive us to our lesson with Sofia. She came into Sofia's house with us (they're relatives and super close) and we were intending to help Sofia with her 1st talk she was giving on Sunday, but it turned into a beautiful lesson about the importance of The Book of Mormon and Sofia bearing super powerful testimony of the changes she's seen in her life since being a member of the church---- it was INCREDIBLE! We walked home on clouds! God's timing is so beautiful and sometimes cancelled appointments lead to miracles!! 

Other huge miracle was at the english group we did in Chieti! We got there early and were talking with Joana, a student about our age that always gets there early. I was seriously thinking.. hm how can we get a gospel conversation started with her.. next thing I know she's like "hey you guys are mormons..what do you believe in? What's the difference between your church and the catholic church?" We couldn't believe it!!!!! God really does prepare people for us! We were able to briefly explain the restoration, give her a copy of The Book of Mormon, and we are meeting up this week!! 

On Thursday we had mission conference in Rome and it was incredible to hear from Elder DeFeo! Especially because he served in this mission! Plus I got to see all of my old comps that are still alive so that was a blast too. 
 
Previous companions still in the mission.  Love them all beyond words!
Lilliard, Guymon, Decker, Yanacallo, Hope, Johnson
Oh and we did stickerboarding last night, it was a huge success here in Pescara (we stole the signs I made when we came home from Rome) so thank you Chase! We met some really cool people and got lots of people to stop even though it was raining and our sign was covered in plastic wrap to protect it haha.


Alright well, I want to take the chance to say how thankful I am to be a missionary!! I'm so blessed to be a part of the Lord's work in the Italy Rome mission. I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father that loves me, so much that he called me to this mission, to serve these beautiful people.

I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that it is real and so personal. Out of my whole mission experience, this is what I've come to know most. That Christ loves us so much he wants to give us the chance to improve and become better than who we were yesterday. 

I am thankful for the temple. To have one being built here in Rome and to have had the opportunity to prepare people to make covenants with God. I know that the temple is the House of the Lord, a place of refuge, and a place where we can receive revelation and guidance. But something I've come to learn throughout my mission is that when you have to, you can have sacred, revelatory experiences with the Lord no matter the circumstances or where you are....

So another thing I'm thankful for is prayer. I know God hears our prayers and that He answers them. I'm grateful that, through prayer, I've been able to strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father more than I ever thought possible. I know that he listens. That even though some days are hard and we feel like we can't do another, he's there to listen and to help when we ask for it. And that when we experience days full of miracles, he's rejoicing right alongside us. 

I'm thankful for The Book of Mormon and the power it has to change lives. I know that it's true. I'm thankful for the sacrifices that were made so that we could have this book and that I can be here to share the knowledge that Christ's restored church is on the earth today. 

And lastly, I'm thankful for my family. Not just my family at home but my mission family, the people I've been able to serve and learn from. My Italian family, the beautiful people that surround me every day. I'm thankful to be part of God's family and to have had the opportunity to know and love my brothers and sisters here in Italy. 

And like I said at the beginning, I'm thankful to be a missionary. There's no better place in the world than here. 

I love this work, I love this gospel, and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. 
XOXO
 
Group hug with my companions

with S. Hope

with S. Dwomoh


thankful for Italian food

Sorella Carley Neuberger
Vecchi M.L. , Pieri A.
Via Arapietra 61/5
Pescara, PE 65124
Italia