Saturday, October 8, 2016

Ciao familiari

Hey family! So we got special permission to email family from our branch president -this email is to touch base with y'all and just let you know that our pday will be on Thursday (plus all the other details). I'm writing this email Friday night but you probably won't get it until Saturday because we don't have Internet in the residence. So here's the run-down! 
First, keep the emails coming!! I check my email pretty frequently during the day and love seeing new things in my inbox! Pics too!! Just got mail for the first time today, thanks for the dear elders mom and dad! I also got dear elders, one from Lisa and one from Brian, and a letter from Austin how nice of them! I got the jelly bellys and have made lots of friends giving them out. The Cottrell family sent me a package too: lots of goldfish and reese's snack mix! Keep the mail coming too! I got the most in my district today it was awesomeeeee. 
MTC food is deece.....we got papa Johns pizza tonight for dinner so that was pretty awesome! Oh and BYU creamery ice cream on Wednesdays. But I did throw up my entire breakfast this morning within 5 minutes of eating it....luckily my comp and I were walking by a bathroom when I felt it coming hahaha. Don't worry mom, I felt fine immediately after. 
My comp, Sorella Oehler (the one in the map picture), is really great and we get along super well. Just like me, she did a year at BYU before the mission and lived at heritage building 29!!!!! Small world. But it's awesome having someone to share my love for BYU with. Our teacher, Fratello Hatch is also really awesome and he goes to BYU too! My district is made up of quattro sorelle e quattro anziani. And "team" in Italian is "sqadra" so that's basically the coolest thing ever #sqadra #SQUAD. We are all super close already and it's the best. We spend lots of time laughing at the most random and non-funny things.....I guess that's what being here and being constantly exhausted does to you! But you can definitely tell all the elders are straight out of high school, at least you can tell with the ones in our district. 
Our dorm room is the size of me and Amandas room at heritage but here we have 6 people living in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! 3 sets of bunk beds and the tiniest excuse for a closet you ever did see. Luckily they didn't take our suitcases so I can keep some stuff in those. So it's me and my companion, the 2 sorelle from our district, and then 2 sorelle going to Milan. Also they just opened this building back up this week, everyone had to move out of it because of bats. Hm, okay. Greaaaaaat. 
Community bathrooms aren't as bad as I was expecting and yes, I can get ready in the allotted time!!! I know you all are probably shocked by that, but hey- mtc miracle. 
I've gotten used to being freezing cold all the time, the classrooms are like -28 degrees. Oh and I think my butt is permanently bruised from these rock hard chairs hahahaha. On Wednesday we saw an elder carrying around a pillow and someone in our district commented on it and the elder said "invest in a butt pillow!" We laughed then, but we're not laughing now. 
We had our first exercise time today and it was the besttttt. My comp and I went outside to the big field and met up with our Milan roomies. I ran with one, Sorella Lewis, and she is awesome! We basically ran laps around that giant field it felt so good holy cow. We could see things other than those boring buildings, like the beautiful mountains!!!! And the weather was perfect and ahh it was just wonderful. Anyways, Sorella Lewis went to SVU this past year and played soccer and lacrosse there but she thinks she'll transfer to BYU after the Mish which would be awesome! 
They have a special exercise thing at 6am just for sisters and it's like zumba/aerobics but I have to find someone who wants to go with me. Don't know if that'll happen. 
Ummmmm let's see what else... 
We taught our first investigator today in Italian hahahaha uhhhh let's just say it was rough. But we'll get there eventually! The language is coming along pretty well and we are studying our brains out. 
I've run into Mayson Neuberger several times so that's been fun, she's so cute. I've also run into Maryn a lot, she's a friend from BYU going to Ecuador. 
I honestly don't know why everyone says "make it to sunday" because these past couple days have been so busy and so awesome! The spirit here is OVERWHELMING it's insane. I've met so many awesome people going to such cool missions ahhhhh the MTC is the greatest, basically EFY on steroids. 
My comp and I got assigned to be the branch music leaders! Pretty sure that's the only sisters assignment there is so go us!! Basically we just pick the hymns, get some musical numbers together, and then assign people to play the piano and lead the music. But still. I feel honored and so humbled to have been chosen to do that! Heavenly Father is so aware of us. 
That's all I can think of for now..... the creepy old man voice is about to come on the intercom and tell us "lights out". 
Don't worry though, more info will come through letters (if i have time to write some...) and my emails on Thursday! Which we will be able to email all day because we have tablets! #perks 
Prayers are with grandma for a speedy recovery. She is so strong and such an awesome example to me!! 
Personal study today I read Alma 30 and it's an awesome chapter of the Book of Mormon! Heavenly Father loves us so much and there are signs everywhere, we just have to open our eyes and be able to recognize them. 
I know that the power of prayer is real! I've never prayed so much before but it's awesome. I know this church is true and I love the happiness it has brought to me every single day of my life. 
You guys are awesome, thanks for all the support!! Good luck with hurricane Matthew, I'll be interested to see how that goes over. Keep me updated on your lives and the outside world! 
Chase thanks for the email, bud. I'll be sure not to ball too hard... ;) 
Love you guys lots and praying for you always! 
Xoxo,
Carley
 
Sorella Carley Neuberger
NOV15 ITA-ROM
2005 N 900 E Unit 127
Provo, UT 84602

Carley's companion - Sorella Oehler


MTC District - Missionaries going to Italy

What is better than one Sister Neuberger? Two Sister Neubergers - Carley's cousin Mayson