Thursday, August 16, 2018

Gioia, Gioia, Gioia, down in my heart❤

Another week has come and gone and I wish I could give you all of the details......but unfortunately our pday ends 4 hours short today so that we can do deep cleaning on Wednesday. Huh. So we are super crunched for time and have been in a straight rush/chaos all day, oh I should probably also include the fact that we we woke up extra early just to have more pday. Ha. The struggle. Plus we spent part of the week in a trio with Sorella Cook because Sorella Geertsen left! It was really sad saying goodbye to her because we have just really become such good friends, especially this last transfer. So after lots of tears and hugs she's back in America! (If you're reading this, I miss ya lots dude). 

with my new comp Sorella Decker
Comunque, it was a great week except for the fact that my cute comp Sorella Yanacallo left me for Palermo!!! But I got an awesome replacement, Sorella Decker! Not going to lie it's been a while since I've had an American companion and I am just really loving it. She's from McKinney, Texas and went to Utah State before the mission but wants to transfer to BYU to play on their soccer team (which means she's insanely good at soccer). Anyways this transfer is off to a great start and there will be tons of growth these next 6 weeks, I'm looking forward to it! We are just ready to push each other to our limits so it'll be great. 

I'll start by giving you a thorough update on Gioia! 
We had a lesson with her on Tuesday, went to her house and taught she and her mom a thorough and very powerful restoration lesson. It was cool to see Gioia help us teach her mom the parts she remembered from the video!! 
THEN
Sorella Decker's first night here we went with Gioia to the Fiorillo family (some members of the ward) and they made really close friendships with Gioia, and she opened up about a lot of her problems, trials. It was an amazing experience and thing to witness, just them all bonding-- exactly how it's supposed to go! They helped us reiterate the importance of the Book of Mormon and how it can help heal us!
AND THEN 
The Rome 5 anziani had a baptism on Saturday night and we invited Gioia. She showed up an hour before it started!!!! It was the perfect opportunity to stand in front of the font, we watched the video of the baptism of Jesus, and then bore testimony about the importance of following Christ and being baptized! She really enjoyed the baptism and even helped sing in the musical number we did with the Rome 5 sorelle!!!!!! And after she told us she couldn't believe how similar the baptism was to that of Jesus.
PLUS MORE
with Giulia and Gioia
Gioia came to church 30 minutes early yesterday, stayed for all 3 hours! After sacrament meeting I asked her how she felt, she said "better". The Sunday school and young women's classes were so perfect, I won't go into detail mainly because I have 0 time but we are so happy with the way things are going! This morning she texted us to set up an appointment to come teach she and her mom this evening! Wow!! So the plan is to invite her to be baptized....stay tuned!! 

I was also able to meet lots of cool people on the metro and bus this week and exchange numbers with them! Wish I could go into detail but such a blessing!! As far as the Gioia I met on the metro last week, she is on vacation until September (like most) so more to come on that fra un mese!

Oh almost forgot! WE WENT STICKERBOARDING THIS WEEK! On Saturday night we had a district stickerboarding event, it was a blast and we got to talk to so many people!!!! Thank you Chase for the idea!! 
 
stickerboarding with the district
Other than that, we also had MLC and ZLC this week! 

And to close, if you've ever wanted to know why I'm here in Italy as a missionary, keep reading.
"Why have these great missionaries and others like them been willing to sacrifice the comforts of home, family, loved ones, and sweethearts to answer the call to serve? It’s because they have a testimony of Jesus Christ. And when they know Him there is no bed too short or too hard, no climate too hot or too cold, no food too different or language so strange that they are unwilling to serve Him. No sacrifice is too great to serve the Master, who sacrificed His all to provide the way for His brothers and sisters to return home to their Heavenly Father. And because they are faithful to their callings, thousands will revere their names throughout the eternities. I testify there is no more majestic call than to be in the full-time service of our Redeemer, to help to bring our Heavenly Father’s children to the knowledge of Him who has made eternal life possible."
Couldn't have said it better myself. I know that Jesus is the Christ, and that He died for us and lives again. I am so thankful every day for my call to be a missionary and to help my Italian brothers and sisters come to a knowledge of the Savior. 
Love yall!!!!! 



with Letizia




gelato and brioche at Guttilla


XOXO

Sorella Carley Neuberger
Le Sorelle Missionarie
Piazza Bortolo Belotti, 55/21
Roma, RM 00139
Italia