Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Greek miracle

Has it been a week already?!??! time is flying.....

Not sure what exactly to update yall on, our week was filled with tons of finding. But hey! It's September!!!! Which theoretically means everyone is back in town and stays in town! We're excited to start calling through of our list of people that told us they'd be back in September.

The highlight of my week was a scambio I got to do with Sorella Silva! Oh wow she is the most amazing missionary I have ever seen.....she's incredible. She's just so naturally good with people, I was blown away! I learned a ton from her! And, as it goes with every scambio, we saw some really cool miracles!

gelato with equador family
For starters, at english group on Thursday night, we taught the advanced group. For advanced group you pretty much talk for an hour and correct their english when needed. So we were talking about fears and then out of the blue one of the students asks "So what is the difference between you mormons and us catholics anyways?" We bounced back from the initial shock of that question pretty quickly and jumped right into teaching about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ! It was really incredible and we spent the whole class explaining to them in english while they asked questions. We even concluded by giving each of them a copy of The Book of Mormon and inviting them to read it!! 

In other english course news, the Equador family is back from their vacation!!!!! Ah I love them so much. They took us to gelato on Thursday after class for my birthday! 
AND another student made a cake for everyone on Thursday for my birthday! How fun!! 

As far as my actual birthday on Wednesday, it was good! We had district meeting then we all went to lunch and I invited Gioia to come with us, it was a blast. We have really become like sisters! And then the rest of the day we had correlation and zone conference planning so nothing too exciting. 
fried chicken for my birthday dinner
BUT the Knies couple (one of the couples that works in the mission office) had us over for dinner and that was really a miracle for me! When they initally invited us over I don't think they realized it was my birthday but it was something I really needed that night. I'm super grateful for them and that we got to spend that night with not just americans but southerners who made us fried chicken and american brownies!!!!!! Blessed. 

Back to the rest of our scambio miracles! Sorry, got sidetracked there for a sec. 

Friday morning we decided to go to a park we'd never been to before but we just felt really good about it. Parco Talenti. On the bus ride there we met an awesome girl named Rama, we probably only talked to her for a few seconds but long enough to exchange numbers and she messaged us right after saying, "I'm so glad we met and are going to be friends!" 

Then we got to the park and there were some really awesome people there. Right when we walked in we noticed a lady sitting in a big patch of grass with her dog. We walked up started playing with her dog and sat down with them and just talked! We got to tell her (Antonella) about The Book of Mormon and left her with a copy! She was really incredible. We were supposed to meet up yesterday but she got called into work so hopefully next week we will be able to meet up again!

We talked to several other cute moms and I won't bore you with the details but it was a miracle park! 

Gioia came to lunch with us and the district
Gioia is still doing great! We taught her about the Word of Wisdom this week and it was a really special lesson! She went to see her grandpa again this weekend and couldn't come to church. Please keep him in your prayers because he is in very critical condition in the hospital!

Another huge miracle of the week was Stella. We met her on the street, tried stopping her to do our survey and she responded by saying "I don't speak italian" in perfect english! So we talked to her for a little, she's 21, from Greece, and SO cute!!!!!!!!!!! THEN! We met up with her on Saturday night, she came to the church for a lesson, we watched the restoration video together (dad please insert link here to the 20 minute restoration video). After it was over we asked her what she thought. She responded by putting her hand to her heart and saying "Give me a minute, please". It was amazing to see the spirit touch her! The only bummer of the lesson was that we forgot to bring her a copy of The Book of Mormon in english!! We searched the whole church before the lesson and couldn't find any! We wondered why it worked out that way and then on our way home we saw the Balzotti couple (an office couple) and told them about Stella, our Greek miracle! And they told us they had a copy of The Book of Mormon in Greek if we wanted it! Funny how it all worked out so perfectly, because we didn't even think about getting her a copy in Greek!!!!!! We are excited to give it to her this week! 
Stella is really excited to come to church, she hasn't found a church here that she likes and is really interested to see how ours works! 

And our week ended on a beautiful note, we spent last night working the information center at the Italy Rome Temple. Wow God is so good and He loves us so much. 

In preparation for the training we are giving at zone conference this week, I reread one of my all-time favorite general conference talks "Songs Sung and Unsung" by Elder Holland. I want to share with yall my favorite quote from it:
"Heavenly Father delights to have us sing in our own voice, not someone else’s. Believe in yourself, and believe in Him. Don’t demean your worth or denigrate your contribution. Above all, don’t abandon your role in the chorus. Why? Because you are unique; you are irreplaceable. The loss of even one voice diminishes every other singer in this great mortal choir of ours."
Can I just take a minute to tell you I have such a strong testimony of this!!!! We so frequently find ourselves looking around and comparing ourselves with those in front of us but it is so reassuring to know that we don't have to be them! Nor do we need to even try to be anything but our best selves. YOU have such an important role in His choir. This is something I've been reminding myself recently that each of us is equally valuable to our Heavenly Father and that He designed a perfect plan in which each of us are unique. I know that He loves me and I know that He loves you too! And I know that He loves the people of Rome, Italy as I have been able to feel that so strongly this week. I'm so lucky to be here serving them and helping them come closer to Him! 

Con amore,
Sorella Neuberger
XOXO




Sorella Carley Neuberger
Le Sorelle Missionarie
Piazza Bortolo Belotti, 55/21
Roma, RM 00139
Italia